Tuesday, October 4, 2016

ASSCURL May Be the Most Important Acronym to Know

I love acronyms and I hate them. LOL.

At work, thousands of acronyms are mentioned, like they had an important meaning. And most of the time the meaning of the acronym is meaningless.

I've come up with a few acronyms, some good and some bad.  Many acronyms may have lost their meaning like IBM where the acronym is more meaningful than the original term, (International Business Machines).

Sometimes acronyms obscure meaning KFC - Kentucky Fried Chicken.

Some of the acronyms I've come up with help me but probably confuse my readers.

One thing I hate is when someone at work gives a PPT (PowerPoint) presentation and doesn't define the acronym they've used.

Acronyms can be used as a mnemonic device like the word HOMES representing the Great Lakes in the United States.

Back to ASSCURL which is a funny word maybe it means twerking, but this is a memory device to help remember the 7 categories of persuasion which was created by Robert Cialdini.

The categories are:

Authority
Social Proof
Scarcity
Commitment or consistency
Unity
Reciprocity
Liking

So when you need to persuade like when:

  • getting a job
  • writing a resume
  • getting others at work to do things for you
  • getting your friend and family to do stuff
  • finding a date
  • writing an ad
  • selling a product or service
  • writing a book
  • getting a promotion
  • changing a person's mind
To learn more about ASSCURL see






Some of my favorite acronyms that I created:

  • FUD WUD UG WUG - iF yoU Do What yoU've Done, yoU Get What yoU've Got
  • ALED - A Little Each Day
  • PURGE - Prioritize yoUR Goals Everyday
  • FTAD - Finish Then Add Details
  • MTB - Market Then Build


No comments:

Post a Comment