Sunday, October 30, 2016

Random is Beautiful

From the shuffle feature on the iPod or music players to software I built over 30 years ago.

Random is Beautiful.











Random created you through random changes to DNA.

Random helps me select what I will do.

Random makes life less boring and helps you get out of your habits.

Random helps to not get into decision paralysis

Random can help improve your exercise and diet routines.

Back to VaR aka Value At Risk.

I bought this book years ago, maybe 20 years. It's so long I'm not sure. It sat on my book shelf and then on my desk.

But today I asked my wife to pick a number between 1 and 33 and she said 26. So I reached for the 26th book on my desk and Value at Risk was the book.

So I start looking through the book and it's something useful to me from 2 ways. The first is I just got a new job as a Risk Manager and the book will help with my understanding of managing risk. The second is that I've been listening to a book called 5 Elements of Effective Thinking. This book talks about Digging Deeper as the first of the 5 rules.  So this book also meets that criteria.

I'm very excited about learning and what better thing to learn than something that will help me on the job to reach a life goal of $ecurity.




No comments:

Post a Comment