Sunday, May 22, 2016

Best Food Secret on Long Island

Yesterday, I ate at a restaurant in Plainview, NY called DirtyBurger. It's near Fareway and was formerly where another restaurant called Cheeburger, Cheeburger was located.

I'm reluctant to write this review because I don't want crowds at this place.

Our friends raved about the food.

The decor is proper for a burger joint and our friends were already seated. Of course we are 5 minutes away from the restaurant and they were 20 minutes away and still arrived there first.  We got there early to beat the crowd at around 6:30 PM on Saturday night.

Our meal started with $3 margaritas. It was very salty and didn't seem to have much alcohol or taste.

For appetizer we had Nachos with Guacamole. The chips where warm and had a nice spice taste and the gaucamole was very good.

For the main course I had the Skirt Steak, medium well with the dirty fries. The "dirty" spice has some honey mixed in and as a low carb eater I asked the waiter if they could hold the honey. She said it would be too spicy and wouldn't taste good that way.

I agreed to have it with the honey. This was one of the best tasting meals I've had in a long time the steak and fries were to die for.  And the waitress was right as the spice and the honey together is what made it taste so good. If they removed the honey it would just be spicy.

My wife had the Lamb burger medium and it came back very rare. She complained to the waiter and she replied that's how it's cooked here.  Now this is a bad way to treat a customer. Just say sorry and cook it a little more. It came back pretty quickly and my wife loved it.

The prices where a bit high but worth it. The bill for the 4 of us came out to around $95 with tax and a $16 tip pushes it to around $28 a person.

I liked that they served alcohol every though my drink wasn't to my liking.

Now if our friends didn't rave about it we never would have gone. There are so many burger places these days it's hard to distinguish them:

  • Bareburger
  • Shake Shack
  • 5 Guys
  • All American Burger
  • Smashburger
  • Cheeburger, Cheeburger
  • White Castles
  • Burger King
  • Wendy's
  • McDonald's
The name dirty brings up images in my mind of dirty food and unclean conditions. The place also opened where another burger joint Cheeburger, Cheeburger was located and went out of business.

I had no intention on trying this restaurant until my friend raved about it. She saw a TV show reviewing restaurants at 4 AM when she had trouble sleeping and they said how great the food is. 

You can learn more at DirtyBuger.com.

If you liked this post please follow me on twitter and like or retweet the post and leave a comment.







No comments:

Post a Comment