Monday, May 2, 2016

Daily 5 Minute Journal - May 2, 2016


Excel Diet



My Excel Diet continues to falter. I made a mistake and bought chocolate from Trader Joes that is lower carbs than most.  That's good and it's delicious, but I don't have the will power to not eat it.  So I can't buy it.

I walked 7.8 miles or 17,143 steps according to WalkLogger which is a great Adroid app.

Though I've walked this walk so much I'm not burning the calories I use to.









Goals for May 2016


I'm having trouble figuring out what my goals should be for the month. I did hear a book on tape that came up randomly on my iPod from Zig Ziglar on goals.

  • What can Excel do
  • Book for son going to college
  • Lower Blood sugar
  • Excel Course Ideas
  • Excel and gambling
  • Reduce death risk
  • Dr. appt plan
  • Clean garage
  • Figure out my goals and focus

Blood Sugar Higher than Usual


My blood sugar has been higher than usual for past few weeks and I'm. Today I upped my dose of Metformin to 1000 mg. I did take a Risedronate pill today so maybe that had an effect.

  • 5 Hour Energy Shot
  • Diarrhea

MicroStrategy Better Today


I've been trying to learn MicroStrategy software and today I made some more progress than before. I've been focused on some of their confusing terminology which might just be Data Warehouse terms but I'm not positive.

One Second Ahead

I started reading the book One Second Ahead which has a 4.9 rating from 20 reviews on Amazon.com. I picked a chapter on Goals to read and was unimpressed by it.

This turns out to be something I call an Overhyped Bias. This is where you expect something to be great like this book and it doesn't live up to my expectation which makes my opinion of it worse than if I wasn't given the expectation.

This often happens with a movie, video or story when someone says how great it is. This makes it difficult to meet your expectations.


Interview Prep


Today I was supposed to interview someone and spent almost an hour preparing only to find out that he took a job somewhere else.

Tim Ferriss Dog Picture


Today I was telling my wife that Tim Ferriss' dog looks a lot like ours so I searched for "Tim Ferriss Dog Picture" and the following came up. The funny thing was that a picture of my dog cam up but not his.

Work hurts weekend


Yesterday I spent multiple hours running and making sure reports ran at work. Wasted most of my weekend.

Gym


I went to gym thanks to my to-do list. I hadn't gone for over a week. My rule is to drive to the gym which is easy. Once I'm there it's usually easy to workout.

Data Usage

Today during my walk I listened to a James Altucher podcast with Peter Theil. I thought it was very good but it kept disconnecting maybe 5 times.  Also used a lot of data from my cell plan. I have to make sure to download them through wifi and then listen.










No comments:

Post a Comment