Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Daily 5 Minute Journal - May 3, 2016

Sick at work


Today I left work early as I was feeling lousy. There are two possibilities and both are drug side effects:

  1. I upped my Metformin dosage
  2. Risedronate side effect
  3. Combination of the two drugs
  4. Something else


Dr. Mercola


This is a good website with a vast amount of medical information at Mercola.com and his twitter feed:



iPyrhon


Today a coworker mentions iPython.org and it looks like something to look into.


May Goal is Health


I'm trying to figure out my goal for May 2016 and I think its my health. This is a bit vague. I want to finish a few books:



Some other tasks are:

  1. Set up Dr. appointments especially heart and colonoscopy
  2. Set up Skin Dr. appointment


Goal Q's


There are a number of questions I could answer to help me figure out my goals:

  • If I had 1 year, month, week, day to live what would I do?
  • What do I want said at my ulogy
  • If I couldn't fail what would I do?
  • If I came into $100 million or a billion dollars what would I do?
  • What did I like doing as a child?

Prepare


I run my weekly Tuesday meeting today and I get to the room and there's no phone. I didn't check the room on Monday. I will do this next week.

Cooties at Work


Today while cleaning up after making Bullet Proof Coffee at work two people poured their dirty liquids in to the sink where my clean dishes where sitting. This pissed me off. I said something to one of them to not do that I don't want cooties, jokingly.

I thought the word cooties and it was related to when a girl touched or kissed a 5 year-old boy. You give yourself a "cooties shot" to inoculate yourself.

Gary Vaynerchuk


I listened to an interview between Gary Vaynerchuk and James Altucher. They were discussing his book: This is the second time I've come upon his work. Steve Scott also interviewed

There are other interviews at http://www.jamesaltucher.com/2016/03/gary-vaynerchuk/

Gary says there is an arbitrage opportunity to buy on Ebay and sell on Amazon you could make money.

You can listen to Gary's podcast on Youtube. I was surprised at the high rating Gary's book got on Amazon 4.9 of 5 with 353 reviews which is very good.







Derek Sivers


James also interviewed Derek Sivers. Derek has a great link of his books summary at http://Sivers.org/book

He has 3 Ted talks

  1. How to start a movement
  2. Weird or just different
  3. Keep your goals to yourself

4 Hour Body


I continue to read The 4 Hour Body.  Tim Ferriss was discussing running and talked about how running isn't about pushing off but about falling and catching your center of gravity. The important thing is to run 180 steps a minute or 90 each foot. The only problem with this book is that it's packed with so much information it may be hard to actually implement.







New York Islanders


Tonight the Islanders play game 3 against the Tampa Bay Lightning. This is a big game for them.  They haven't looked that good in the playoffs and have been outplayed in just about every game. It's not fun to watch but Thomas Greiss has kept them in the games.


Scully 


I came across this plaque in Little Italy in NYC. Scully was one of my favorite games as a kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment