Thursday, March 24, 2016

Daily 5 Minute Journal - March 24, 2016

Garry Shandling died today

Twitter always seems to be the bearer of bad news. I didn't know his work that well but the few times he subbed for Johnny Carson I thought he was very funny.  Recently he was on Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee.
Garry Shandling - It's Great That Garry Shandling Is Still Alive - Episode - Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee by Jerry Seinfeld

4 Coincidences

I was sitting in the conference room at work while Evan ate his lunch. We were talking about my brother. I want my brother to meet Yanek a guy I work with. A second after I mention Yanek's name he pops into the conference room.

I'm walking my dog and we pass a male dog Rocky's house who for some reason my dog loves. All of a sudden the owner and Rocky show up in the car. It's stranged that our paths coincided at the exact same time.

I'm singing a song from Blazin Saddles the movie and my says that Madelin Kahn died at a young age. I asked her to check my list 187 Famous People Who Died Before Their Time. Tonight Garry Shandling passed away and I have to update the list

The final one was that I was working on a Comedy List today which was randomly selected for me and a comedian died so now I'll try to learn from his work.

Tweet comparison

I do two tweets and the results are interesting.



the first one was generated by YouTube when I liked the video. I didn't know it was doing this. The second was my tweet of the video. The tweets were 1 minute apart.
  1. I liked a video Happy Guy (1988-11-03)
  2. "Time keeps ticking away" - - Guy
The key to why the second tweet had more engagements is likely the #Devo and #Happy hash-tags. I'm not 100% sure of this so I'd have to do more testing.

6 take-away's to improve your tweets

  1. Use #hash-tags in your tweets
  2. Keep the link at bottom not embedded
  3. Use readable text in the link then a random set of characters
    1. vs. bit.ly/HappyGuy
  4. Use an interesting quote from the video
  5. Keep it short
  6. Don't use the standard text from a system like YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment