Thursday, March 17, 2016

5 Keys to Success at Work

Today I felt left out. Ivan and Mary were working on a problem and a demo and I wasn't included. I haven't been invited to meetings with the user and have been left out of important emails that would help. This angered me a little. I've been left out in the past. I remember at an old job all the traders were going out for drinks, but I wasn't invited. I need to get this email and read email's I've received.

I worked on something I find very boring. Working on something that you find boring is a guarantee for failure. This is a process that I took over from someone else and I'm not even sure if it's still used. I did some research and sent out some emails. I'll have to wait until tomorrow to get an answer.

My success at work always came from spending more time at work than others. At my current job I really haven't spent much overtime at work.

I've been interviewing people lately but don't feel I've been prepared enough for the interviews. I have it on my to-do list but don't seem to be able to make the time for it.

There is also lots of technology I need to improve at and business concepts that I don't know that others are more familiar with. Some of the tech is:

  • Java
  • Debugging Java
  • IMM Basel
  • Basel
  • Tableau
  • MapR
  • Apache Drill
  • Application Database
  • Other systems
  • Unix
  • SVN
  • Jenkins
  • JQuery
  • Build/Release process
  • Terminology
To summarize the key take-aways:
  1. Work overtime
  2. Read important emails
  3. Follow up
  4. Be prepared
  5. Spend time learning each day




No comments:

Post a Comment