Sunday, July 31, 2016

Problem Solving In Excel The macro may not be available in this workbook or all macros may be diabled


I get the following error message while trying to run some code I've developed. I just made some changes to this subroutine so odds are that it's missing.

The first thing I do is check if other macros are working. I have one that inserts a blank cell and shifts all the other cells down within the active column. I try it and it works.

I did move the macro from ThisWorkbook to a module so it can be called by other routines.

I press Alt+F11 and search for the string in the error message "book.on"


Private Sub Workbook_Activate()
 Application.OnKey "^+{RIGHT}", "ThisWorkbook.OnCtrlShiftRightArrowKeyPress"
 Application.OnKey "^+{LEFT}", "ThisWorkbook.OnCtrlShiftLeftArrowKeyPress"

End Sub


I modify the code to the following:

 Application.OnKey "^+{RIGHT}", "OnCtrlShiftLeftArrowKeyPress"

I run the code via F8.

and then try the function again. It fails with the same message. I check the change I made and see that I did it wrong and fix it. Another test and the the fix works.

I save and back up the code.


No comments:

Post a Comment