Sunday, August 7, 2016

Job Trial Idea

So after my mid-year review I decide to pursue a possible new job opportunity and another dept. in my current company.

But while thinking about it I've become worried about making a mistake. What if I take the job and don't like it. I'd have Buyers Remorse. This could happen for any of a number of reasons:

  • Noisy environment
  • Unfriendly people
  • Office politics
  • Lots of overtime
  • bathrooms
  • temperature
  • elevators
  • long work hours
Also, I could pass on the new job and have remorse that I didn't take the new job. This could happen after getting overlooked for an award (this happened to me), getting laid off because current project has no budget, boss being annoying, he can do this.

There is also another possibility that the I don't get the new job, due to salary, age or some other reason.

So I think why not have a job trial. I work at the new department for a week or a few days and then after this time I can decide and my new boss and team can decide whether to make this a permanent change.

What are your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment