Sunday, January 31, 2016

Daily 5 minute Journal - Jan. 31, 2016

Went out to dinner to Mario's in Plainview two night's ago and Accidentally bumped into some neighbors.
The food was surprisingly good. I had a Gorgonzola salad with chicken and a glass of Merlot that was delicious. My son and wife's dishes were also excellent.  a little rude If the server was nicer this would have been a really great meal. I felt this because we were talking with the friends and she asked if we could order drinks. I don't know exactly what it was but she could have done it in a better way.

Last night went to Krinti an upscale Mediterranean restaurant with another couple.
Food was awesome. The place was a bit small as we waited squished at the bar. Afterwards we went to Cardinali in Syosset. They have such great Gelato and the coffee was also very good.

One of the people is a very nice guy who's into horse racing. I told him about a strategy that a very smart guy who was head of algorithmic trading at JP Morgan Chase. The strategy is to always bet the long shot. He reminded of something I told him as we use to take the train together. I said you'd know I made it big when you saw a Porsche in my driveway. I use to come up with lots of ideas that I'd discuss with him on the train ride.

It's getting hard to pick what to do next with all the books I just bought. I do have a library book that's one day overdue. So for any reading it's just this book. Choose Yourself  by +james altucher


No comments:

Post a Comment