Sunday, January 10, 2016

If your computer is slow what can you do?

This morning spent 3 hours from 10:30 to 1:30 to get computer to work. I used MSConfig utility to help. It told me to use Task Manager (taskmgr) to change start up programs. Of course just rebooting your machine can fix the problem but it didn't for me.

To run MSConfig I pressed Windows+R to bring up the Run dialog and then typed in MSConfig.
and when I restarted computer nothing worked, I think because of the "Selective Startup." I changed it to "Normal Startup,"

I clicked the Startup tab and it said "To manage starup items, use the Startup section of Task Manager, with a link

Open Task Manager 







I then disabled all start up tasks and also disable all chrome add-ins

chrome;//extensions


This fixed the speed issue. But one final thing to do is to uninstall recently added software. And then afterwards to add each disabled or stopped program back until problem is identified.

You can do this via Windows key+R and run "Control"

Select Programs and Features and uninstall software that might be causing the issue from the most recent,


No comments:

Post a Comment